· The objective of this course is to provide participants an overview of various environmental management issues and available environmental management tools such as environmental impact assessment and life cycle assessment. The ultimate goal of this course is to allow the students to understand how the technical knowledge that they will learn in the course will be applied in managing environmental issues through the course provided case studies.
· Health & Safety managers
· Anyone involved in implement an EMS, implementation and maintenance
• Integrated environmental management
· Water and wastewater management Issues
· Land contamination management issues
· Solid waste management issues
· Air quality and noise pollution management issues
· Industrial ecology
· Environmental health and safety
· Environmental economics
· Environmental Impact assessment
· Environmental master plan development
· After successful completion of the course, the student should be more familiar with various environmental issues, know how to apply suitable management tools to address the issues of concern, and be knowledgeable of how an environmental master plan can be developed.
· The participants should be able to conduct a systematic environmental assessment related to mining operations activities.
· Course material provided.
· All lectures are in colorful presentation
· All lectures are interspersed with interactive discussion
· All lectures include group discussion, case history and exercises
· Videos on the subject are shown