Development of Community & Environmental Services Course
The university’s service to the community is to increase public responsibility; by preparing the human element capable of bringing about the desired development by adopting the preparation of the workforce capable of facing contemporary scientific and technological changes.Leadership
Not long ago, the concept of public responsibility towards humanitarian issues began to develop, most notably combating poverty, reducing unemployment and activating the role of people with special needs in the development process and integrating them into society and the environment in particular; this concept was absent in a past era or absent from causes Multiple and complex. The most important of which is to assign this responsibility to the state, as it is the only one responsible for securing all citizens ’needs.Process approach
Higher education institutions, and by virtue of being beacons of science that are the basis for advancing societies intellectually and morally, the concept of social service prevailing so far is an old concept, and there is hardly a university without an independent administration concerned with this matter, but these services do not affect all segments of society, as is the case For many of the commendable services and contributions that universities offer to society in the field of financial support, sponsorship of activities, supervision or guidance.
This study aims to highlight the concept of social responsibility for universities and contribute to finding a theoretical literature in the field of social responsibility for universities as a modern concept not only at the local and Arab levels, but at the global level as well, and thus aims to achieve the following
The relationship that the university maintains with our community includes
Clarification of the concept of university responsibility as a recent term.
Setting a vision for the performance of the social responsibility of the university through its effects on society and the stages of performance.
Explain the importance of universities playing their role in public responsibility.
Detecting the reality of universities’ performance and its role in social responsibility.
Determine the requirements necessary to deal with the obstacles that the university performs due to its role in social responsibility.
Differentiate between Cognitive development or the so-called knowledge revolution of knowledge, Technical progress, Development
Assign the primary function of the university in addition to providing knowledge is to respond to effective and basic needs for community development, which includes the following
• University education to advance society intellectually and scientifically.
• Providing research and practical capabilities to solve and develop society problems.
• Artistic creativity: the university role is not only a scientific and epistemic achievement, but also a building of the distinctive personality and an explosion of students ’cultural, artistic and literary energies through parallel activities and the granting of competitive prizes.
• Spreading the knowledge and forming the conscious mindset to solve the problems of society and the surrounding environment, and knowing the technical methods used, and following them to ride scientific and technological progress.
• Professional and spiritual development and the development of some skills, such as: leadership and communication skills, etc., increase specialization in professions, and increase the level of skill required by business and professions.
• The research and development carried out by universities and higher education institutions plays a fundamental role in the research and development system in any country that seeks progress and advancement
• Community service is the efforts made by individuals, groups, organizations, or some members of society to improve public or economic conditions, by identifying the societal needs of individuals, groups, and institutions, and designing activities
The Target Groups to Study in this Training Program